The Bark Park - Dog Park
Located on the grounds of Zionsville Country Kennel, The Park is the area’s first private leash-free dog park, and includes a seven acre fenced-in area just to the north of our facility. The Park provides a wonderful opportunity for your dog to run and play off-leash as well as for owners and dogs to relax and socialize.
The Park is open sunup to sundown and has three separate play areas: one is for larger, more active dogs; one is for smaller dogs who might be intimidated by more rambunctious dogs; and the third area includes a lake with a dock for dog diving and swimming. Small dogs are allowed in the large dog area, but large dogs are not allowed in the small dog area. Look for the size chart on the fence when entering the park. The lake area is fenced separately so that you can keep your dog dry and cleaner if you want.
The Park Pass
In order to enjoy The Park at Zionsville Country Kennel, all dogs are required to have a Park Pass. The pass is a card that must be carried by the dog owner and in plain view at all times. This will help The Park Staff easily identify dogs that are entitled to use the facility.
Once your dog has completed a Free Assessment, a membership pass can be purchased. Passes are good for one year from the purchase date and are nonrefundable. There is a 30% discount for any additional dogs in the same family, but all dogs must pass the assessment before a membership pass is issued.
To schedule an appointment for an assessment, call the kennel at (317) 769-6172. Complete the sociability form and bring it along with a copy of the vaccination records to Zionsville Country Kennel. We will accept Visa, MasterCard, cash or check. Checks are payable to Zionsville Country Kennel. Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 6:00pm.
1 Year: $150 | 6 Months: $100 | 3 Months: $70
- We reserve the right to close The Retreat at any time for maintenance.
- All dogs must have a permanent ID (collar or microchip).
- All dogs must have current Rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations as required by law, as well as Distemper and Bordatella. Proof of vaccinations must be presented prior to use of The Park.
- Park Passes may be purchased in the Zionsville Country Kennel office, after your dog has successfully completed the assessment. The passes are $150 per dog for 12 months. In the event The Park is discontinued, no refunds will be made.
- Dogs known to exhibit vicious, fierce, aggressive, or dangerous behavior are not permitted in The Park.
- No more than three (3) dogs per person are permitted.
- All dogs must exhibit prompt recall.
- Dogs, owners, and users creating a disturbance or violating posted rules must leave The Park if requested by any agent or employee of the Zionsville Country Kennel businesses.
- Always clean up after your dog. Waste must be picked up and properly disposed of. Waste receptacles and disposal bags are available within The Park for that purpose.
- Do not bring glass containers into The Park.
- Agility equipment, where available, is for use strictly by your dog. Adults and children must not climb, sit on, or in any way interfere with the intended purpose of the agility equipment.
- Please extend common courtesy to other users.
- If your dog becomes unruly or aggressive toward other dogs or people, you must leash your dog and exit The Park.
- We recommend that you do not bring your dog’s favorite toy to The Park. Dogs tend to be protective of their own toys, and therefore tend to be aggressive toward other dogs who try to play with them.
- Ensure that the gates are closed behind you. Check all entrances before unleashing your dog.
- Dogs should receive year-round heartworm prevention treatment.
- There are no water fountains at The Park. Have drinking water readily available for your dog before and after exercise.
- While small, bite-size treats are permitted, no food in bowls or long-lasting chews should be brought into The Park.
- Do not smoke or eat while at The Park. Cigarette butts and food wrappers are tempting and unhealthy for dogs.
- Dogs must not be left unattended in The Park.
- Dogs must be under voice control at all times.